new gTLDs Launches
|Stage||TLD||Start (UTC)||End (UTC)|
|.kyoto General Availability for .kyoto by Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||GMO Registry, Inc.||2016-02-13 03:00|
|.kyoto Landrush for .kyoto by Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||GMO Registry, Inc.||2016-01-04 03:00||2016-02-03 14:59|
| .kyoto FCFS SR CTR Sunrise 2 for .kyoto by Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen |
Sunrise II is a priority registration phase for local government, public institutions and trademark holders whose marks are not registered or not eligible to be registered in the TMCH and marks that are registered in the TMCH but generate no valid labels. Holders of trademarks in non-ASCII scripts, regional collective marks and other rights holders are also eligible to apply during this phase.
Where there are multiple applications for the same domain, priority will be given first to applications from local government and public institutions. Multiple applications for the same domain thereafter will result in an auction.
Eligible qualifications for this phase include, but are not limited to:
* Nationally or regionally registered trademarks;
* Court-validated marks; and Marks protected by statute or treaty
* Regional collective marks
* Business or organisation registration certificates
* No supporting documentation is required on submission of an application, however the registry may require such documents to be submitted, eg a trademark certificate. Validation may take up to 10 days from the date of an application and no domains will be allocated prior to completion of the validation process.
Domain names must be an identical match to the trademark (or other eligible qualification):
* Where non-ASCII characters are contained in the mark, it is possible to apply for domains that are an ASCII transliteration.
* Where both ASCII and non-ASCII characters are contained in the mark, it is possible to apply for domains containing all textual elements of the trademark (or other eligible qualification) with non-ASCII transliterated into ASCII characters.
* Where a trademark certificate includes representations of the same mark in multiple scripts, the corresponding domain may be registered in ASCII characters.
* Where a trademark contains one or more hyphens, these may be omitted, provided that the domain meaning is not altered.
* Company or organisation identifiers (eg INC, KK, etc) may be omitted.
* Trademarks registered in Japanese characters may be transliterated in accordance with Japanese government or global (ISO3602) standards or other generally accepted systems such as the Hepburn system.
* Trademarks registered in scripts containing diacritical marks, such as the German umlaut or Spanish tilde, may be registered in ASCII characters with marks omitted or using conventionally accepted spelling (eg “ae”, etc).
* Domains may be registered for 1 year during the Sunrise II Phase.
|Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||GMO Registry, Inc.||2015-12-15 03:00||2015-12-25 14:59|
|.kyoto FCFS Sunrise for .kyoto by Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||Academic Institution: Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen||GMO Registry, Inc.||2015-10-01 03:00||2015-11-30 14:49|